Hurricane Laura Continues to Strengthen as Landfall Nears
Hurricane Laura is an extremely dangerous Category 4 storm and continues to strengthen as it heads for a destructive landfall near the Texas-Louisiana border Wednesday night into early Thursday morning.
Hurricane Laura Strengthening and Is a Category 4; Catastrophic Strike Ahead Near Louisiana and Texas Border
By weather.com meteorologists / 2 hours ago / weather.com
At a Glance
- Laura has rapidly intensified into a Category 4 as it approaches landfall.
- Laura will make landfall Wednesday night into early Thursday near the border between Louisiana and Texas.
- Catastrophic storm surge and damaging winds will affect areas near where Laura makes landfall.
- Storm surge could penetrate as much as 30 miles inland in southwest Louisiana.
- Laura is also an inland flood risk as far north and east as Arkansas and the Ohio and Tennessee valleys.
- Isolated tornadoes are also expected from Laura.
Follow full developments here >> https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2020-08-26-hurricane-laura-forecast-rapid-intensification-texas-louisiana
Wordpress is loading infos from weatherPlease wait for API server guteurls.de to collect data from